Saturday, May 23, 2020

Taiwan - Taipei Street Scenes, Signage #4 / Creepy Listener


[continued from yesterday's post; series started 05/09]
As mentioned in yesterday's post, my parents got a divorce and my dad moved to Beaumont to start his new family...this would have been around 1975.  Before moving to Beaumont to join him myself, my little brother and I continued to live with Mom.  During this void my mom rented out one of our bedrooms to help make ends meet.  The first renter was a guy named Maurice, a young fellow probably in his early 20's.

I didn't take much time to get to know him, but this Maurice became a fan of the show, and would occasionally mention that he heard me do this or that on the air.  Nothing really unusual, until one day he told me that he listened to my entire 8-hour shift - every minute, without even going to the bathroom.  WOW...it really, really gave me the creeps that someone would do that, so from then on I avoided contact with him on even the most casual basis.  Don't know what eventually became of him, but wish him well nonetheless...

No comments: