Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Taiwan - National Palace Museum, Me the Photobomber / Aerial Photographer

Taking pictures of people taking pictures is a favorite subject of mine.  I was standing at the top of the steps of the main building, snapping away at this spectacle, when I thought, "Oh my gosh, I'm photobombing this thing!".  So I stepped aside to capture the pic below, intrigued at Boss Woman pointing and running the show:

_______________

[continued from yesterday; series started 05/01]
I was in the 10th grade and had been soloing for a while when I was asked to take some aerial photographs for my school annual.  Since I'd be doing the camera work another pilot went along to fly left seat to do the maneuvering.  I very much relished that assignment, because it would mean flying low and slow over landmarks that were very familiar.

We flew all over town and took pictures of the ship yard, McArthur Drive (which was the "strip" of the day for teenagers), the theater, the school...all over the place.  I took a pretty good picture of my house on Chapman Street from straight overhead, too.  It was fun.

So in the Orange Stark High School annual from the year I was in the tenth grade (I think '73-'74) there are aerial pictures taken that day.

No comments: