Saturday, May 16, 2020

Taiwan - Taipei Street Scenes, Park Bird / Trip to Stuckey's

Saw some of these at the zoo but forgot what they named it.  This fellow was stalking around looking for insects and didn't seem spooked by my presence at all.
_______________

[continued from yesterday's post; series started on 05/09]
Then another time I locked myself out of the building during my show.  Brent Holland would occasionally come over on Sunday mornings so that we could sneak away and go to Stuckey's for a coke during one of those half-hour syndicated religious programs.  At the bottom of the hour I started the program and we high-tailed it in his car down the highway.  Of course, I didn't want anyone to stumble onto the place and walk in while no one was there, so I carefully locked the front door behind me, not remembering the key was inside.

On the way back to the station I discovered that I didn't have it!  We were pretty nervous but held on to the hope that the back door was unlocked.  Well, it wasn't, and Brent and I had to jimmy the screen door open and pick the lock to get back in, with less than two minutes remaining before the program ended...seems that fate was in my favor this time.

No comments: