Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Austin River Walk - First Cityscape

During Chenjean's last full day at the conference I took the opportunity to walk on the Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trial along the riverside.  It was a great day weatherwise, though a little on the hot side, and I love cityscapes so there were a ton of pics from this walk to sort through.  I hadn't been to downtown Austin in a few years, so was surprised at how the skyline changed with all the new buildings going up.  All in all a good day, and productive with regard to the pictures I was able to capture.

This is very close to where I emerged alongside the river after parking the car.  Immediately I fell in love with the weirdly-stacked building, which is a trend now in lots of cities...much of my creative attention was focused on getting just the right angle to capture this guy.

As always, during postcapture I very much appreciated having the huge file sizes and great resolution provided by the Bigger Cahoona.  This allowed for a greater degree of cropping, and more wiggle room to brighten shadows, etc., thanks to its awesome light-grabbing sensor.

No comments: