Friday, June 26, 2020

Austin - Capitol Grounds, Twisty Tree Trunk

In the mornings Chenjean and I walked from our hotel, the Hampton on 17th at Lavaca, to her training location at the Convention Center downtown.  We cut through the Capitol grounds on the way, and the first morning the trunk of this little tree was lit by dapples of sunlight glinting through the leaves of its neighbors.  I didn't have the Bigger Cahoona with me at the time, but made a mental note to come back when I could take the time to do it justice.

Over the next three days the Bigger Cahoona and I snapped 84 photos of this guy, including bracketed frames.  I wasn't happy with any of them until our third full day, when the clouds stayed around to diffuse the harsh summer sun.

The coordinates of this little gem are 30.273569N  -97.741343W.

No comments: