Friday, July 21, 2017

Seattle 2016 - Maple Leaf

As I continued to wander around outside, chanced upon this leaf laying in the parking lot.  Really did well in post-capture and, above all of the fall colors, museum shots, panoramas and even airplanes, this is probably my favorite of everything shot during the trip.

There was another picture taken during the trip which really stands out, however, and it was one that I did not capture.  My brother's brother-in-law, Glen, arrived in the Seattle area a few days early with his family to make an extended vacation of it.  Somewhere along the way they were on a hike, and Glen captured one of the most beautiful photos I've ever seen...of a few mushrooms they'd encountered on the trail that were struck just so by the sun streaming through the surrounding vegetation.  And I was shocked and amazed that it came from his phone!  Now that I've learned a little more about how to take pictures with my own iPhone 7, can see that these devices have come a long way as potentially serious cameras.  In fact, in the next series, which will feature our recent trip to Colorado, I might even publish one or two from the phone, which would be a first for this blog.

No comments: