Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Seattle 2016 - Foliage Abstract

I was out with a friend on a photo journey one time, to Big Bend State Park here in Texas.  It was late March, but as happens sometimes a freak storm brought winter temperatures and strong winds, an unexpected development.  During our attempts to set up for some good landscapes the wind was so strong that even tripods were useless, as they would topple if a strong grip wasn't maintained.

My friend was ready to throw in the towel and get sad about the whole thing, while I was eager to keep shooting.  Why?  Because the wind whipping around created movement that introduced the potential for some great abstracts!  He was surprised at my enthusiasm, and we kept at it for a while.

Though I didn't get any abstract keepers on that day, pics such as the one above are what I'm after on a windy day.

Some blogworthy shots from that trip were captured and posted in March and April of 2012.

No comments: