Wednesday, July 29, 2009

From Paris - Antenna Bird

We were in Athens for a couple of days, long enough to slow down a little and allow adjustment to the time change, etc. My nephew wanted to explore the Greek Isles and perhaps do some kayaking, so we made plans to visit Mykonos. The girls that shared our room that first night gave us contact information for a great place to stay, so we made arrangements.

Then disaster struck.

It was on the way to the harbor in the subway when I realized that I forgot my camera! The camera bag is black, and the carpet in our room was very dark with black stripes, so it blended in and in our hurry I simply overlooked it. Panic set in; I was sure that not only were pictures of Mykonos out the window, but that I would come home without any pictures at all of Europe!

Very, very fortunately the head concierge on the ferry was kind enough to let me use the satellite phone on board to call the hostel and have them hold the camera for me until our return from Mykonos. They did find the bag and held it for me until our return to Athens.

That is why the pictures jump to Paris (I am posting them in the order they were taken). This is looking out of the window of our hotel...by now I'd put my foot down on the hostel thing, though our experience in Mykonos was very positive.

No comments: