Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Bookmark Project - York Minster Profile (architecture) / Slaughterhouse Stories Begin Again

The next category we're going to sample is architecture.  This is a sliver of a picture posted here last year.

_______________

Well, I suppose this is as good a place to start as any.  Back in September of 2017 I started a series on my slaughter house stories.  It was published a little sporadically, and I was never really satisfied with the writing, but left it in place.

Very recently, in digging through some of my old files, I found 25 pages of writing from 2013 that I'd completely forgotten about.  Included in this writing was a stretch involving my time working at IBP in Amarillo, which at the time was the biggest beef slaughter house in the world.  It was a hugely positive, transformative time in my life...a time I've endeavored to capture in writing and stories around the dinner table (!) ever since.

In reading over my work from 2013, I've concluded that the writing is maybe a little better, and I'd like to record the series in consecutive posts as opposed to skipping around some, as was done a couple of years ago.  Thus, tomorrow begins again my time there...

No comments: