Monday, August 22, 2016

Civil War Reenactment - Tree Silhouette

I would like to take this opportunity to thank a co-worker.  Occasionally someone who follows this blog will offer a suggestion or idea that really makes it better, and such took place a couple of weeks ago.  I was pulled aside with the suggestion that the technical aspect of these writings be either eliminated or placed elsewhere; reading about lenses, f-stops, depth-of-field and post-capture techniques is simply not interesting to the average reader.

This gave me pause - not that the suggestion was made, which doesn't bother me a bit and in fact is most welcome.  It gave me pause in that for the first time I really thought about the purpose of this blog and who my target audience is.  Since I am not a professional photographer, surely the rudimentary knowledge included thus far must be child's play to anyone knowing enough to make sense of it.

And then I realized that I was using that technical information as mere fill...as a crutch to bulk up postings with verbiage.  So no more of that.  It's time to concentrate on writing that might strike a chord with the average following - that is, chronicling the many stories that I've been blessed to share with friends and family and students in the classroom over the years.  As time and energy allows I will include as many of those as possible.  In the interim there will be simple thoughts or statements of philosophy on the meaning of the events and times of our day.


So thank you, co-worker, for your contribution!

No comments: