Thursday, April 14, 2016

Taipei - Spokes

While in Taipei I had the opportunity, so tried to duplicate a posting from a previous trip, this time with the Big Cahoona.  It was shot in the same exact location at the same subject, but in my opinion the earlier posting - captured with a Fujifilm FinePix s7000 compact - looks better.  What do you think?

There was just something magical about the FinePix cameras...something I haven't been able to replicate with the Nikon D300s, aka the Big Cahoona.  Initially it was the FinePix 3800, which got me started in first place back in 2002.  Then the FinePix s7000 the family got me for Father's Day a few years after.  I was anxious, however, to learn on a rig that would allow me to take my skills to a new level.  Being disappointed that Fuji didn't have a DSLR, I ended up buying the Big Cahoona.  In a technical sense it is a fine machine, and the sky's the limit for a novice like me.

Even so, if I were to pick out my ten all-time favorite photos since beginning digital photography in 2002, a majority of them would - as of now - be from the Fujifilm cameras.

No comments: