Friday, April 8, 2016

Taipei - Motorcycle Mama! / Being a Motorcycle Dude

I'm sure some men fantasize about having a MOTORCYCLE MAMA!  Well, I had one, even if it was a short time in a foreign country.

Chenjean is in the back there with my sister-in-law.  I snapped this photo while riding on the back of my brother-in-law's bike.  As you go through the city as a tourist, observing the frenetic pace of traffic with all kinds of vehicles, it seems a privilege to actually be a part of it for a while.

I was similarly clad with helmet and face mask, and got someone to take a picture of it, but managed only to look like Michael Dukakis while he was on that tank in his dismal run for president.  I was not much of a MOTORCYCLE DUDE.

Something interesting happened very shortly after this pic was snapped.  We stopped to wait for the girls to catch up, and for that brief time I got off to stretch my legs, and my brother-in-law put the motorcycle's kickstand down.  I hopped back on after the girls pulled up behind us.

My wife and my brother-in-law had a brief conversation, after which she began to laugh.  After about 30 seconds she was still laughing, unable to stop, while at the same time trying to tell me something.  Meanwhile, I'm perched on the back of his motorcycle seat, looking around and being a motorcycle dude, wondering what the holdup was, because the traffic was having to go around us all this time.

Chenjean was finally able to get it out that my brother-in-law could not go anywhere because he couldn't get the kickstand up while I was on the back!  I hopped off so he could get the kickstand up, an we were off again.  The picture below was captured a short time afterwards, while the girls were ahead of us.


No comments: