Friday, March 26, 2021

Bookmark - CRJ Screen Shot

"We interrupt this programming..."

Yes, we're interrupting the mammal bookmark series to slip this one in.  I've been a fan of flight simulation since 1987, very early in the life of the Microsoft's series.  There was a huge hole when they stopped development after 9/11, but now they're finally back, and in a big way!  The kids bought the program for me as a birthday present, and my son Andrew helped get it started here on the home computer.  And since yesterday was Allison's birthday and today is Andrew's birthday, suppose this post can be dedicated to them.  Happy Birthday guys...thanks again for the gift!

The other day I bought the first truly study-level airliner to become available, Aerosoft's CRJ.  This screenshot was captured on an evening flight out of Houston, just as I was passing to the left of College Station.  I can get it up in the air now and fly it around without crashing, but there is a lot to learn.  I'm looking forward to getting a handle on using the FMC to fully program and carry out a flight from "cold and dark" to touchdown.  Wholesome way to spend downtime, and it'll keep the neurons firing in my older age...

No comments: