Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Bookmark - Andrew on the Felltop

...and to give equal time, this is probably the best picture I've ever taken of our son Andrew.  But I learned something here.  While it looks fantastic on the screen, with the pixels being lit from behind, it did not turn out well in print.  In fact it was very disappointing.  As a gift I gave him a 16x24 canvas print on a wraparound frame, and it appeared dull and dark. So I took that one back after getting a metal print (from Mpix - highly recommended), on which the colors popped as only they can on aluminum.  This looked much better after mounting on wall in his house that got more light.

So the original canvas print now hangs in my office space here at home, and is a pleasant reminder of not only a learning experience but one of the two best vacations in memory (tied with our Italy trip with Allison).

No comments: