Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Bookmark - Pink Blossom at Bayou Bend

Probably one of my all-time favorite flower pics, this was captured using the awesome Fujifilm Finepix 7000 at Bayou Bend here in Houston.

Interesting how acquiring the 7000 came about.  At the time a 6MP DSLR was a heavy-hitter, and the major camera makers were touting their latest models featuring this resolution.  I was at Wolf Camera in Meyerland asking about them.  After the guy behind the counter extolled the virtues of the DSLR's they had in stock, he shrugged his shoulders and said, "or you could just buy this one, which is just as good if not better, and spend a lot less money", pointing at the Fuji.

Didn't buy it that day, but was intrigued since I'd already owned the 3800 and was happy with it.  The family got the hints that I strategically dropped, and gave it to me as a Father's Day gift.  Never looked back or regretted the decision, as many of the images captured in those days rival even what I can get out of the D850 today.

No comments: