Monday, April 16, 2018

Houston Zoo 2017 with the Bigger Cahoona - Orangutan

Card below, pretty much already developed...the first where I learned to create an overlay pattern from part of the photo itself.

This does it for my first zoo excursion with the Bigger Cahoona, the most prolific of all other zoo trips, probably put together.  The amazing capabilities of the D850 astounded me, as well as a noticeable decrease in the amount of post-capture work necessary to adjust color balance, etc.  These first few shoots with the new rig convince me more than ever that I did the right thing, not that there was any doubt in the first place.  For anyone looking at this post and the previous couple of series, I'd tell you that it's worth the $3,300 cost of the body alone, plus lens.  Do it!


No comments: