Tuesday, February 6, 2018

My New Nikon D850 - First Shots, Lofa Bloom

This is from the very first shoot with the new D850.  A little nervous, I went to the back yard and started snapping away.  Will these pics surprise me with their quality - or will they disappoint, rendering my purchase a failed investment?  Fortunately the former proved to be the case, in spades!

One of the things they warn you about in the reviews and YouTube videos is that the 850 shouldn't be hand-held due to the massive resolution, which magnifies even the slightest shake.  Obviously I could not have captured the moon pics without using a tripod, but the results with these guys - and many others captured later on - are about the same as with the D300s.  Using burst, sometimes with exposure-compensation bracketing, will usually yield a keeper in the mix.  Thus, it's business as usual...except now with a tool that is far superior to anything used up until now.

No comments: