Sunday, December 10, 2017

Cruise 2017 - Grand Cayman Helicopter

Now this is what I'm talking about!  Very expensive, but worthy of a trip up just to take some pictures.  Don't think they would have allowed me to open the door in flight, though, which, if you're going to spend that kind of money for photographs is the only way to go.

As a sophomore at Stark High School in Orange I went up in a Cessna 150 and flew low over points of interest such as the ship yard, the school, downtown, etc., for publication in the 1975 (or maybe 1976) annual.  I was in the left seat, with the side window swung open from the bottom.  We slowed down to about 77 knots so the wind whipping around the cockpit wouldn't be too bad while I was snapping away.  Think the only picture published from that adventure was an aerial of the shipyards.

No comments: