Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Denver 2017 - State Capitol Dome

Many was the time when I took a picture like this, only to find out during post that it wasn't perfectly centered.  Sometimes it was because there was a crowd and people were competing for the same spot.  Other times it was because to my eye the shot was centered, but the lens captured the light coming in just below eye level.  Many times it was because I was with a group and simply in a hurry.

Well, this time it was going to get done right.  I worked from three or four steps up a staircase located directly beneath the dome.  While ensuring that my balance wasn't going to be compromised, I positioned the Big Cahoona for the shot while looking through the viewfinder.  This was the best pick out of the seven or eight that were shot.

Same subject from a more oblique angle below:


No comments: