Friday, March 18, 2016

Taiwan - Zhuqi River Bridge

Sensing our boredom one day, the wife's dad and stepmom decided to take us to a nearby town (called Zhuqi Riverside Park on Google Maps) to enjoy a riverwalk with various attractions.  There were a couple of bridges like this, but this one was the most photogenic.  Some Photoshop work was done to straighten out the lady's shirt.
__________________________________________________

Well, came very close the other day in Austin.  Actually held a D810 in my hands, and liked it very much!  In an earlier blog post I remember stating that I'd be willing to wait until a full-frame, 48 MP sensor came along before upgrading, and that time is just about here, isn't it?

Many say the behemoth file sizes have kept them away from the 810, but that's no issue with me, as I had my son build a computer with a behemoth graphics card to handle just such an eventuality.  But after all was said and done - when it came right down to it - it was the price that kept me from plunging into the deep end.  Even though I've set aside the funds for it, getting set up with a full-frame body and the first of the requisite trifecta of lenses would cost around five grand.  Man, that's a lot of money.  Just couldn't do it.

So, I've been studying the D750, which in some respects is a better fit for what I do anyway.  We'll see...

No comments: