Saturday, February 21, 2009

West Texas Wagon Wheel

One day my wife announced that she had a choice of locations to go for a business trip; either Dallas, San Antonio or Lubbock. Since in those days the whole family accompanied her on these trips, she asked for my input. I chose Lubbock. All of her friends shook their heads in shock and amazement...why would someone want to go to Lubbock, way out there in West Texas?!?

Well, some of the most pivotal events of my life happened there, and there is something that is good for my soul in West Texas. Ever since we got married I've wanted to share that part of my life with her, so off we went.

This picture was taken in Palo Duro Canyon at the outdoor amphitheater just before the famous play, "Texas", started. It was part of the stage, thus completely fabricated in a fictional setting. Even so, the theme, earth tones, and elements thread to a much-romanticized period in our history for a calming shot.

I was able to share with my family a little of that part of my life, but by the last day they shook their heads in shock and amazement and said, "Why would someone want to go to
Lubbock, way out here in West Texas?!?"

No comments: