Saturday, February 14, 2009

Epcot - Bonsai

I was in Pennsylvania once, at Longwood Gardens, when we came upon an indoor exhibit on bonsai trees. I'd seen bonsais before, but these were different in that they had cultivated entire groves of trees about three feet tall. It was fascinating to be able to look down into a grove of aspens (or whatever they were, but they looked just like aspens) that were perfectly proportioned. Even the dirt and greenery made it appear as though a huge swath of the forest was scooped up, miniaturized, and placed on a table.

Unfortunately on that trip I wasn't into photography, and didn't get any pictures. But my interest in bonsais continued.

This was one of several trees they had outside at this place in Epcot. The bamboo makes a pretty good background.

I did make another trip to Longwood (in fact several, as my parents lived close by) and got some pictures that might be posted some day.

No comments: