Sunday, September 4, 2022

Washington State - Roche Harbor Boats / My Dad's Cabin Cruiser

OK, one more boat panorama.  I like boats, but don't like to be in one, unless it's a cruise ship.  As a youngster in Orange, Texas, I saw my father in constant frustration at the problems his boats gave him, and vowed never to own one.

But it wasn't without the occasional adventure.  We actually had a cabin cruiser at one point - a big blue one that my dad once used to take us on vacation.  His goal was to travel the inter-coastal waterway all the way from Orange to Florida.  It had an inboard-outboard motor, and was big enough to fit my parents, us three boys (Mike hadn't been born yet), and our German shepherd dog.  It had a kitchen, bathroom in the bow, and living area with padded benches that folded out into beds.  The thing broke down halfway, though, and we had to settle for Louisiana as our vacation destination.  I remember it well, though only five years old at the time...

No comments: