Friday, August 19, 2022

Washington State - Ferry Ride to San Juan Islands - Sunset / Ron Howard's Book

I'd hauled the Bigger Cahoona out for the first time on the ferry ride from Anacortes to San Juan Island, but had not yet felt the desire to take any pictures.  That is, until a good one got away!  We were approaching a table in the sitting area when I noticed a beautiful, multicolored sunset behind a small peninsula with trees silhouetted down to the water.  The reds, oranges, blues and purples provided a brilliant reflection on the waters of Thatcher Pass.  I thought My, how pretty.  But then, after sitting down I thought Holy crap! I have a camera here and could have captured it!  It was a little aggravating, but woke me up to be on the lookout and ready to actually use the Bigger Cahoona.

So I stayed tuned and saw this opportunity a little further down the way.  It was a tad darker by then...a perfect time to capture one of my go-to favorite subjects, a silhouette.  Thus we have something here that ended up being my first real keeper of the trip.  Still thinking bookmarks, so made one of same:

Finished a book yesterday on the Kindle, The Boys by Ron and Clint Howard.  Highly recommended, and not just because it's a fascinating read by the guy that played Opie on Andy Griffith, but also because it's an excellent exposition on his development into solid leadership.  One of the best books I've read in many moons...

No comments: