Saturday, August 20, 2022

Washington State - AirB&B on San Juan Island - Sunrise #1


 
By the time we drove to our rented cabin it was dark, but the AirB&B hosts were awesome and made it easy to check in and get settled.  As is usually the case when on vacation, the next morning I was up before everyone else and ventured out for some sunrise pics.  This one caught my eye as I made my way down a pathway that leads to the water.  Seeing this was confirmation that we made the right choice on a place to stay for this portion of the trip.

Another awesome aspect of this trip was that we were there as a complete family.  Both our son and daughter - now grown, out of the house and on their own - flew into Seattle with their significant others to meet us for this vacation.  Can't express how much of a blessing it is to still travel together and go on vacation as a family!

_______________

Speaking of family-type stuff, today's my birthday!  Never cared too much about celebrating it, though...one of the things I liked about Chenjean during our courtship is that in her culture they don't much pay attention to birthdays until reaching age 60.  Suited me just fine.  However, when the kids got old enough to be cognizant of birthdays and the need to celebrate, we began to celebrate our birthdays for the kids' sake.  And through the years, as they grew older, I actually began to enjoy being singled out for celebration, as both kids think it through and work hard to make it special for the both of us (Chenjean's birthday is very close to mine, on Sept 5th).

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!  Thanks, kids, for what you do for us.

No comments: