Saturday, November 21, 2020

Bookmark Project - Cascade Waterfall (waterfalls)

Probably the best hotel experience we've had was at the Gaylord in Nashville (series here).  Probably the next-best hotel experience we've had was at the Gaylord in Washington (series here).  Both were business trips for Chenjean, so the kids and I tagged along for the free stay.

These places are incredible, and provide perfect fodder for a wannabe photographer to ply his trade.  I brought a tripod for this trip, and a brand-new lens I'd bought a few weeks before.  Of course, when you're going to set up a tripod in a heavily-peopled, commercial property it's necessary to get permission.  The guy at the desk, seeing my rig (the Nikon d300S) and serious tripod, had to be convinced that these photos weren't going to be used for commercial purposes.

Which raises the question.  I'm not the least in interested in making any money from any of my photos, but if these bookmarks should somehow enter the marketplace, would I be reneging on my promise at such a late date? (this photo was captured in 2012)  Think the answer would be Yes.  Thus, if things should go in that direction, will have to take out anything shot in the interior of this beautiful place.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another waterfall bookmark captured in the same lobby (yes, these were interiors) on the same day.  Since the Big Cahoona was perched on a tripod was free to slow the shutter speed without fear of camera shake...this was shot at two-thirds of a second:



No comments: