Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Alaska Cruise - Victoria's Butchart Gardens, Totem Silhouette

Photographers sometimes spend years finding a niche where their talents lay, then honing them over time to a style uniquely their own.  For example, at a frame store here in Houston once I saw the work of a very good photographer who narrowed his work to staircases.  He went all over the region looking for good, mostly-outdoor staircase shots.  His body of work was tremendous, and of very good quality.

I'm not saying there is much talent here, but have identified silhouettes as one of my favorite types of pictures to take.  And for one who likes color against a black background, sometimes there is luck enough to capture a pic like the one above.

I have a cousin in Colorado Springs that had an 8x10 of a beautiful, colorful sunset behind a wintertime silhouette of a deciduous tree.  I have since endeavored to capture something as beautiful, but am still searching...

No comments: