Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Houston Zoo 2017 with the Bigger Cahoona - Bamboo Edges / Connections #2

The other connection that comes to mind is one that occurred after I was married and living in Houston.  My wife, Chenjean, and I went to see a show in Stafford of some singers that were famous in Taiwan, where she is from.  At some point between songs I made my way to the men's room, and on the way out just about ran into a guy who had very long black hair and looked to be in his late thirties or early forties.  As in the story written in yesterday's post, our eyes met for a moment before moving on - in this case me out of the restroom and he into the restroom.

To my surprise he appeared on stage later in the show as one of the featured singers!  Chenjean told me he was big back home, and that she used to listen to his music when she was in high school.

And also as in the story written about yesterday, not a year later we learned that the fellow had died, in this case of lung cancer.  Same reaction...sorrow that surprised me, and only because we had connected in the briefest of moments in what ordinarily would be a mundane moment in life...

No comments: