Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rodeo Houston 2009 - Riding High

The first time I really looked at the D300 was at the Houston Camera Exchange on Richmond here in town. I had gone shooting with a friend that owned one and compared his images with those taken of the same subject with the Fujifilm 7000, and was not exactly impressed. So later on at the camera store I asked the sales guy to do the same thing, having brought my 7000. He went outside and took a picture of some buildings in the distance with both cameras. The difference was obvious when they were compared on a computer screen inside the store. However, the 7000's color was a little better...due to the in-camera software, the sales guy said.

So I'm convinced that the D300 has better resolution, but still haven't mustered the nerve to do a comparison shoot of my own. Though cropped way in, technically this 7000 shot is a great photo, with enough detail to get a respectable print. The color, contrast and lighting all automatically turned out fine.


_________________________
Fujifilm Finepix 7000
ISO-160, f/8, 1/640 sec
Photo taken 03/21/09 by Jim Mahood

No comments: