Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Davis Mountains 14

At first I thought this picture was way overexposed, but discovered that not much detail was lost after working it a little in Photoshop. It took about six exposures to get the flag right; I don't yet know how to do burst shooting with the new camera, so they had to be captured one at a time.

This ends the Davis Mountains series, and my first shoot with the "big rig", the D300s. What are my thoughts? After talking about it with my friends for two years, I knew it was time to put my money where my mouth is, and do not regret the decision. It was a bit expensive, but feel that it will be worth the switch once I learn how to use the thing.

I bought David Busch's guide, and would recommend his books to anyone. This is a slow process, as I will be thoroughly reading the guide with camera in hand...something that will take several months. And in the meantime? Perhaps not surprisingly, I've lost all interest in my other camera (the Fujifilm 7000), and don't even feel like touching it. Whether I've learned it to my satisfaction or not, my next shoot will be with the Nikon...

No comments: