Sunday, May 10, 2009

From 2004 - Tomorrow Land (100th)

This is one of those pictures that turned out so much better than anticipated. The viewfinder was aimed just above the "people line" at Disney World. Without the earthly reference of people everywhere, the composition ended up having an other-worldly, "spacey" look - perfect for the theme. Additionally, the colors and background lead to an almost cartoonesque appearance... something totally unanticipated.

I don't know whether this is good or bad, but through the years have discovered that the best photos are captured totally by accident or through sheer reflex...done without thinking at all. Last night we had dinner company, and one guest was scrolling through my favorites from Taiwan. Probably the two best shots were taken in this manner - not on purpose but just swinging the camera and snapping the shutter, realizing only after the fact that something decent was in hand.
___________________________________________________________________

This is my 100th posting. I've thoroughly enjoyed using this tool to share the incredible beauty - in both nature and human interaction - that God has given us to enjoy. Regardless of how many or how few visit/follow this blog, what I'm endeavoring to do is maintain consistency and quality in the photos that are chosen to post, and presenting them in a format that is pleasing to the eye.

If there is one lamentable fact, it is that I don't have more time or energy to write. I have been greatly blessed with many adventures saturating a rich life; many have encouraged me to write down the stories that I've told over the years in a teaching career, or simply sitting around a table in fellowship. One day I hope to be able to work them in.

Whether this is your first time or you are a regular visitor, any and all comments or suggestions are welcome regarding the pictures or stories published.

--Jim Mahood

2 comments:

Lost Texan said...

Cool pictures. And yes you really do need to put some of your great stories to paper. You have had an incredible life and know how to spin a yarn!

Anonymous said...

Great picture and I love the new look on your blog. I probably did not tell you enough but you do have great talent on this. Continue the great work.

your secret admirer at home