The idea behind going to Williams is that you spend the night in the hotel at the train stop, then board early the next day. This we did, but about a half hour before boarding they performed a 15-minute Old West shootout, complete with fake storefronts. I made sure to sit at the top of the spectators' bleachers so that the Bigger Cahoona could get to work.
One thing I noticed right away was that the windows opened up to the parking lot beyond, showing cars, pedestrians, etc. This takes a lot from the immersive experience, and I'm considering making a layer of some western scenes from the Canyon, placing them behind the storefronts, then sending this pic, modified thus, to them as an encouragement to at least place something to look at besides automobiles. We'll see whether I actually get around to doing that and, if so, whether they'll even take a look at a pic sent from the thousands of tourists that email them every year...

No comments:
Post a Comment