Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Bookmark - Black-and-White Bird at the Houston Zoo (Animal Series - Birds) / Passage of Time

One captured with the Nikon D300s (the Big Cahoona) at the Houston Zoo many years ago.  My, time flies...

And it really does, this time business.  Hard to believe that one of my best church friends in Nacogdoches, Kennie Sanford, was born in 1896 and related how his family moved from one part of East Texas to another in a covered wagon when making 20 miles was a good day of travel.  And my paternal grandmother, born in 1900, was 26 years old when Abraham Lincoln's eldest son died of old age.  Her husband, my maternal grandfather, was born in 1888, a mere 22 years after the Civil War ended.  Since he was 15 when the very first airplane flew under its own power, he probably remembered the news when the Wright Flyer made headlines (though it didn't exactly make headlines at first).

And even within my own short lifetime of 62 years I can tell stories of the advent of color television, and life before the digital/computer age.  Seems like yesterday when hard-copy books were the standard medium of study at all levels.  It goes on and on...

No comments: