Monday, December 3, 2018

England - Grasmere, Daffodil Garden Gate

You would think that beyond this door are daffodils and other flowers, butterflies, and happy creatures frolicking about.  And there are.  But the walkway you see leads behind a church, where there is a graveyard holding the remains of none other than William Wordsworth.  Happy gardens and graveyards...two of my favorite things to shoot!

And this is a place where one got away.  Andrew and I were walking along this pathway when I spied a spectacularly beautiful butterfly resting on a bed of white blooms, which made the awesome colors stand out even more.  Would have been my best butterfly shot ever, but I was too slow to think!  By the time I realized the value of what lay before us it was spooked by our presence and flitted away...

No comments: