Thursday, November 22, 2018

England - Ambleside Walk, Panorama from Wavy Road

This pic was taken from the wavy road featured in the post from two days ago, fairly close to the house.  Wow, do people really live there and see this every time they go to the grocery store?  Incredible.

And I think it's healthy.  Not only is the air pristine and good for your lungs, just seeing this kind of landscape day in and day out is good for the soul.  I experienced that while living in a cottage outside of Nacogdoches, on FM 1275 2.4 miles from Loop 224.  Every day I saw beautiful scenery on my way to wherever, and in the fall enjoyed the damp smell of newly-mown hay in the surrounding fields.  My daughter Allison says she experienced much the same thing while living in Kentucky on the drive from Erlanger to the Toyota building where she worked...a beautiful route that was just right for getting a good start on the day, as well as a great way to decompress on the way back home.

From this position I stepped up the hill to my right a bit to capture the two-shot panorama below: 

 

No comments: