Monday, January 22, 2018

Cruise 2017 - Aboard Ship, Monkey Towel

The staff that served our room were great, but others in our group did not have such a good experience.  I mentioned to the head cleaning guy that the wife likes the towel thing, so they stepped it up and provided this on our last day of the journey.  We were very appreciative, and the crew got a decent tip from us.

This is it for Cruise 2017.  This one was a little different in that we joined a much larger group of friends and associates, some of whom we hadn't known previously.  It was interesting getting to know those guys, and good for me that one of them was a gregarious chap that spoke only English, which made for more comfortable dinners.  Just like the RV culture, suppose that cruise cultures bloom among those able to take such trips on a regular basis.

Another note of interest is that all of the official photographers on the boat were still using the D300 line of Nikons (either the D300 or D300s), which I was using as well.  In fact, those in our company, supposing that I knew what I was doing, preferred that I take their portraits at the dinners instead of the professionals on the ship.  As an extra, after the last dinner, when we were all dressed up, the whole gang went to various places to get their pictures made, on staircases, balconies, etc.  Very unfortunately, I did not know what I was doing (never was good with people/portrait types of pictures) so the results were very mixed.  Thus I am determined to leave it up to the real professionals next time.

Guess this blog is getting to look like a cruise blog, but there were a couple of trips to catch up on.  Lord willing we'll be going to Alaska in 2018 for our 30th ANNIVERSARY!!  Meanwhile, other things to post...




No comments: