Saturday, December 24, 2016

Europe 2014 - Lake Como Ferry Ride, Clooney Mansion

While we were making our way out to open water, before reaching full speed, I stood on the deck with Big Cahoona in hand snapping away.

I was amazed at the quality of some of the photos that resulted, considering they were captured from a swaying, accelerating boat...giving full credit to camera quality.  This one ranks as one of my luckier shots, as in post-capture I was able to bring out more detail and adjust for the haze enveloping the hills beyond.  To top it off, research revealed that this is the very mansion owned by George Clooney!  To think that a man can own something like this...

Though this posting is actually better composition-wise, I had two 16x20's professionally printed that, because of the requisite dimensions, had a bit more of the lake included along the bottom.  One is tacked up in my cubicle, and the other was hanging on a wall in Allison's college apartment for a time.

No comments: