Wednesday, April 27, 2011

JV's Last Game of 2010 - Field Shot

Back in November my brother asked me to take the Big Cahoona to a Jersey Village High School football game. For the purposes of comparing his Canon with my new rig, he asked me to get some wide shots of the field in addition to some of the specialty stuff that I like to capture.

Naturally, I gladly honored that request. Because my lens is a bit slow, the shots taken were largely driven by what could be captured with a much slower shutter speed while maintaining clarity and sharpness. Unless otherwise indicated, this and the next five pictures are absolutely untouched. White balance stayed on automatic, no flash was ever used, exposure compensation was set at -.7, and, as can be seen by the metadata, ISO was kept at 800.

The first pleasantry discovered was that the white balance was much better with the Big Cahoona when compared to the (now) old Fujifilm s7000 advanced compact. The purples here really are purple, and the field stayed true to color. Shutter speeds were comparable, though, eliminating most action shots on the field.



_________________________
Nikon D300s, AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200 mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR II
ISO-800, f/3.5, 1/50 sec
Photo taken 11/5/10 by Jim Mahood

No comments: