Friday, May 7, 2010

Hilton Sillouette

This and the previous posting were taken at the Hilton, next to the George R. Brown Convention Center, back in May of '06. Houston's downtown is a place I'd like to spend a day or two just for the purpose of taking pictures. One of these days I'll get my brother Mike to tag along, as he loves to explore downtown Houston.
____________________________

Things are developing in the photography front here at the house. This past week was a particularly rough one at work, and my wife ordered me to go ahead and order a nice SLR to shift my focus (no pun intended) away from those troubles at least while here at home. Oh well, I guess I must. As a compromise I've backed down from the Nikon D700 and instead will be purchasing a D300s. Now it's just a matter of lens choice...not a cheapy kit job but something more middle-of-the-road, a work horse that can be slapped on and forgotten.

No comments: