Friday, March 6, 2009

New Orleans Zoo - Swamp Shack

I bought my first digital camera in November of 2002, the Finepix 3800. Since it was so close to the end of the year, there aren't that many favorites from 2002.

Sure was a sweet little camera...the pictures had a great look and the auto white balance was just right every time for interior shots. I passed it on to my nephew in Wilmington, NC, and hope that he's getting some use out of it.

This picture was taken at the New Orleans Zoo in December of '02. I had an 8x10 up in my cubicle for a long time, and when people asked where it was I'd tell them that it was my boyhood home in the swamps of Louisana. Actually, I don't think I would have minded so much.

The square sign below the center window was distractingly bright so to tone it down, while maintaining a rustic look, some of the fence to the right was cloned onto it at 25% opacity. Did a convincing job, even when zoomed in closer.

No comments: