Saturday, January 24, 2009

Six Flags #1

Enough of Vegas - and back to some winter stuff!

I'm especially proud of this photo because it's my first black-and-white that looks decent (to me at least). I've always maintained that you're not really a good photographer until you can do black and white.

The reality is that I wish that I could take credit for the effort, but it was quite by accident. I was doing some post-capture work and noticed that, well, it turned out just about black and white anyway, so why not go all the way with it. The results surprised me, so I did a print to show my buddies at church. Now maybe I can work toward doing it on purpose!

We were in Arlington last weekend at a sort of retreat for youth called Winterfest. On our way from the hotel to the Convention Center we passed the park, and after seeing some of the roller coasters through the trees knew I had to come back. So I deposited my charges into the care of responsible adults and returned to the scene. It was cool out - probably in the 40's - but I didn't even notice as this and the shots from the next few postings came into view.

Follow this link to the second black and white photo posted in My Photo Blog.

No comments: