Sunday, May 8, 2016

Japan - Pirate Ferry

This is a zoomed-in shot of the ferry vessel in the middle of the frame posted yesterday, a few minutes later when it was closer.

Boy, I sure like the reach of the CX sensor format, with its 1.5 crop factor.  My walkabout lens is the Nikkor 18-200, which gives it a reach of 300 mm when fully zoomed in, and if you've followed my (much) earlier postings you know that's why I chose the D300 over the D700 when given a choice.  Except in some low-light situations I have never regretted that decision.

But what to do when I upgrade?  I'm lusting for full-frame, but realize that I'd be losing one of the best advantages of shooting with a CX sensor.  In that vein the D500 seems a no-brainer, but why in the world did they leave the flash out?  Lots to think about...

No comments: